Parkrun Report Saturday 13th October 2018 by Roxane Pratt
PB stays at 28:25
PB stays at 21:26
PB stays at 23:25
PB stays at 23:34
PB stays at 21:18
PB stays at 27:51
PB stays at 25:49
PB stays at 36:17
PB stays at 30:50
Where to start this week, lots of news, updates and photos............
The Langport Runner participation reflected the UK Parkrun figures this week; numbers down presumably because of the weather keeping people away as well as runs being cancelled (such as Montacute being due to the high winds).
Five us visited a windy Street Parkrun with Martin as Run Director. Wendy was the star performer here. Despite the wind, unseasonably warm temperature, long grass and rutted areas, she tops the club table this week. Well done Wendy! News from Street: On 27th October, Street invite us along for a 'Spooky' Parkrun.
"For one week only, parkrun becomes spooookrun!
Wear your best costumes, bring the whole family and join us for a spooky parkrun! our volunteers will be handing out treats(and tricks) and we'll all be donning fancy dress for the day.
Come and join us!"
Over at Longrun, there were 4 usual suspects: Cathy, Paul, Dave G and Hazel. Dave enjoyed running with a younger chap and holding hands over the finish to the cheer of the marshals and tail walker.
Mark and Maggie visited Dalby Forest in Yorkshire for the second time. Congratulations on both your PBs! 😁
No Parkrun at Montacute doesn't mean no news. Far from it:
* A reminder that to always check if your chosen Parkrun is still on, particularly if touristing. Martin C tells us that over 20 cars arrived at Monty, including a car load from Gunnersby, Middlesex, who had left at 5:30am. They were keen to tick off Yeovil as their 'Y' in the Parkrun alphabet (to visit A-Z of different Parkruns). They rushed off to Shepton instead. Four others ran a Monty 'freedom' run.
* The Jan/Feb "B" course has now been officially announced as being at Yeovil Country Park, starting by Goldenstones and running out and back to Penn Mill Hotel. This course is all on hard paths and the team feel it is less likely to be cancelled that the previous B course up at Ham Hill. Then it will be a return to Montacute after Easter.
* 3rd November - Monty will have an 'odd' numbered pacer event.
* 22nd December - Christmas Run - come dressed in a Christmassy theme.
* 25th December - no Christmas Day Run as Montacute House will be closed.
* 29th December - Christmas Jumper run - the last Monty run before moving to the B course for a couple of months.
* Tuesday 1st January 2019 - Additional Parkrun and the first run on the B course; 10.30am start. Henstridge are also holding a News Day run, 9am start. Possible to do the double??
Other news: There is now another reasonably local Parkrun along the seafront. Teignmouth started 3 weeks ago. This week, due to the predicted heavy sea swell, they had to move to their B course in land. Maybe one to try in the summer?
This week's photos. Some weeks, Mike & I are struggled to find any, this week I have been spoilt for choice:
(1) Mark and Maggie (& their dog?) limbering up for PBs - on tour in Yorkshire: