UK Parkrun attendance was down this week, presumably due to uninviting weather conditions. Over 40 events were closed in the UK due to trees down, high winds forecast and flooding. Thankfully, no cancellations locally for us and only Somerset Parkruns to report on this week.
A few stand out performances, despite the windy conditions:
* Katy and Liz ran together at Ninesprings. Katy achieving a fantastic sub 26 and a PB; Liz close on her heals and topping our table.
* Serial PB-er Paul sliced another 15 seconds off his best at Longrun. Running the course anti clockwise obviously suits.
* Kyle came 6th overall at Ninesprings and close to his best.
* Dave G smashed his sub 40 target again.
* Borrowing her mum's running watch focussed Amanda's Sam on achieving another PB at Ninesprings.
Over at Street, Dave W ran with Riley for his first ever Parkrun. First of many, hopefully. Mike 28 minute Pacer at Burnham. Despite the windy conditions adding to the difficulty of pacing, he judged it very professionally.
News from Yeovil Parkrun:
"Please note for the coming weeks…
We will then be CANCELLED for the following two Saturdays – 13th April and 20th April
The week after is then Star Wars Day – May the Forth be with you.. come suitably dressed!"
This week's photographs:
(1) Looking like Spring, but feeling rather wintery at Ninesprings:
(2) Tandem forerunners at Ninesprings:
(3) Katy & Liz working hard at battling the wind at Ninesprings:
(4) Amanda, Sam & Rebecca at Ninesprings:
(5) Amanda, Sam & Rebecca coming into the home straight:
(6) 'Flying feet' - Cathy running anti clockwise at Longrun:
(7) Paul entering the finish funnel with another PB a few strides away: